"A champion needs to acquire a taste of defeat, in order to hunger for, and truly appreciate the sweet taste of victory..!"

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New parts / New Goals / New Limits...


     Hey guys How's it going, I hope everyone is having a great week and is getting ready for this cold winter heading our way...

Anyways I'm coming back at you guys with a new update on the car and i gotta say Im happier then a kid on Christmas morning!  I just received in today some of the last few key components to complete prepping my car to begin the classes for obtaining my racing license for next year. 


Today arrived my;

- new racing seat:
- new racing harness: 

- & new upgraded brakes for some serious stoping power!:

( Gotta make sure your safe before you can go fast, & you gotta be able to brake to make sure that you won't crash! )

     Of coarse we all know having a fast car and alot of horse power surely takes care of the majority of what you need to get up front, but a car with all power and no control is simalir to a sumo wrestler; plenty of strength and force but is limited to the application and use of it.  What I idealy would like to build is like a kung fu ninja; fast, agile, efficient, powerul & in complete  control at all times.
     Your car can make all the power in the world,  but if your unable to apply that power to the ground efficiently or can't get your car to turn or stop you gonna go nowhere fast, and probably end up last...
So even after the aftermarket parts are applied a whole lot of time and on track tuning is still going to be required in order to get the car driving and performing as best as it can.

     I will post pictures this coming week as we begin to tear out the interior, mount my seat and harness, and prepare everything to pass tech inspection so it is able to go on the track.  I will also post pictures of the brake swap upgrade as well as pictures of some necessary adjustments being made to the coilovers and suspension to get it to handle the best it can.

     I'm going to the last NASA race of the season this weekend at Infineon raceway which will be the races I will be attending next season season.  I'll be out there "undercover" scouting out my future competition, as well as just watching, learning and absorbing as much knowledge of this new racing industry as possible!  I plan on networking and hopefully talking with some people about what other necessary actions I need to be take in order to prepare for next years racing season and hopefully make some new friends with the same ol passion(:.!

     Hopefully we have clear sky's and warm weather this weekend, but if not it should make for some wet and interesting racing! Lol
I hope everyone is having a great week and has an amazing weekend!

Check back next week for updated posts on the build to see how things are coming along and watch as we turn my car from an angry street machine to a full on race car!

Thank you guys again for reading and a special thanks to those who have donated and believe and encourage me in achieving my championship ambitions!

Don't forget to always Keep Em Spinnin!

~*God Bless*~

No comments:

Post a Comment